NLMK Group is pleased to announce NLMK Group Q4 and 12M 2013 Trading Update.
Q4 2013 Highlights
- NLMK Group strengthened its leadership in Russia: NLMK’s share in Russia’s total steel production grew from 20% to 21%.
- NLMK Group grew its steel production by 3% to 15.429 m t, including +24% for long steel to 2.232 m t.
- Over 95% was produced by the Group’s Russian assets, including 2% at the new production site, NLMK Kaluga.
- Utilization rates at the Group’s steelmaking capacities in 2013 remained high (95%).
- Group sales totaled 14.828 m t (-2% y/y) due to lower pig iron sales in 2013.
- Sales in Russia grew by 19% to 5.786 m t, driven, among other factors, by growth in sales in the new markets.
- NLMK Long Products increased sales by 23% to 2.102 m t driven by improved demand from the construction sector.
Q1 2014 Outlook
- NLMK Group grew its steel production by 5% to 4.064 m t.
- Group’s sales were 3.567 m t (-4% q-o-q) as steel segment sales seasonally declined.
Q1 2014 steel output is expected to remain stable, while sales grow somewhat on the back of an anticipated improvement in the external and internal market conditions.