18 April 2006
NLMK is holding Annual General Meeting in June
On April 17, 2006 a meeting of NLMK's Board of Directors has made a decision to conduct a General Shareholders' Meeting on June 6, 2006.
The general annual meeting of the Company's shareholders will address the following agenda items:
1. Approval of the Company's 2005 annual report, annual financial statements, including statement of income, and allocation of profit (including dividend payment) and losses of financial year 2005.
2. Approval of new edition of the Company's Charter, Regulations on the Board of Directors, Regulations on Management Board, Code of Corporate Governance, Dividend Policy of NLMK.
3. Election of members to the Company's Board of Directors.
4. Election of President (Chairman of the Management Board) of the Company.
5. Election of members to the Company's Audit Commission.
6. Approval of the Auditor.
7. Payment of remuneration to the members of the Board of Directors.
8. Membership of the Company in the International Association "International Iron and Steel Institute".
The Company's Board of Directors recommended the general shareholders' meeting to approve the decision on declaring dividends on common issued shares for 2005 in cash in the amount of 3.00 Rubles (USD 0.1063) per common share. Taking into account previous interim dividend payments for the first half of 2005 of 1.00 Ruble (USD 0.0352) per common share, it is recommended to pay additionally 2 Rubles (USD 0.0711) per common share.
The list of persons entitled to participate in the general annual meeting of the Company's shareholders will be prepared on the basis of NLMK Shareholders’ Register as at 12:00 a.m., April 18, 2006.