NLMK Group is pleased to announce its Q3 2016 and 9M 2016 operating results.
Q3 2016 NLMK Group sales increased 7% qoq to 4.2 m t. Steel output was 4.0 m t (-4% qoq). In 9M 2016 Group steel output and sales increased by 2% yoy to a record high 12.3 m t. 9M 2016 capacity utilization rate was up by 1 p.p. to 95%.
Q3 2016 highlights:
- Group sales grew by 7% qoq to a record high 4.2 m t (+2% yoy).
- Sales of finished steel increased by 8% qoq to 2.8 m t (+1% yoy); the share of finished rolled products in total sales was 66% (+1 p.p. qoq and -1 p.p. yoy).
- Crude steel output was 4.0 m t (-4% qoq and -1% yoy) due mainly to planned repairs at the Lipetsk site.
- Market shares in NLMK Group total sales:
- share of product sales by Group companies in regions where products are manufactured (hereinafter referred to as ‘local markets’) totaled 66% (-1 p.p. qoq and -2 p.p. yoy); sales in Russia increased by 28% qoq
- share of sales to third parties (except NBH) in markets external to countries where products are manufactured (hereinafter referred to as ‘external markets’) totaled 34% (+1 p.p. qoq and +2 p.p. yoy).
9M 2016 highlights:
- Crude steel output increased by 2% yoy to 12.3 m t, driven by an 8% increase yoy in NLMK Russia Long Products output and an 18% increase yoy in NLMK Indiana output.
- NLMK Group capacity utilization rates were up by 1 p.p. to 95%.
- NLMK Group sales grew to 12.3 m t (+2% yoy).