NLMK to hold Annual General Meeting on June 5th, 2009
On April 17, 2009 NLMK's Board of Directors took the decision to hold a General Shareholders' Meeting on June 5th, 2009 and addressed the following items:
1. Approval of the Company's 2008 annual report; annual financial statements, including income statement; allocation of profit (including dividend payment) for the financial year 2008.
2. Election of members to the Company's Board of Directors.
3. Election of the President of the Company (Chairman of the Management Board).
4. Election of members to the Company's Internal Audit Commission.
5. Approval of the Company Auditor.
6. Approval of new versions of NLMK’s internal documents.
7. Approval of related party transaction.
8. Participation in the Russian industrial employers’ association “Association of Russian Metals and Mining Industrialists”.
9. Payment of remuneration to the members of the Board of Directors.
The Board of Directors has recommended that the general shareholders' meeting approve a decision to declare dividends for 2008 on ordinary issued shares in the amount of RUR2.0 in cash per ordinary share (1 GDS = 10 ordinary shares). Taking into account previously paid interim dividends for the first half of 2008 of RUR2.0 per ordinary share, the Board of Directors recommends no payment of dividends for the second half of 2008. The decision is fully in line with the dividend policy of NLMK.
The list of persons entitled to participate in the annual general meeting will be prepared on the basis of the NLMK Shareholders’ Register as of 00.00, April 18th, 2009.