- Press releases
- Q4 2016 and 12M 2016 NLMK Group Trading update
19 January 2017
Q4 2016 and 12M 2016 NLMK Group Trading update
NLMK Group is pleased to announce its Q4 2016 and 12M 2016 operating results:
In 2016, NLMK Group steel output* increased by 4% yoy to a record 16.6 m t; sales totaled 15.9 m t (stable yoy). Group steelmaking capacities in 2016 were running at 96%, up by 3 p.p. yoy. 4Q 2016 sales totaled 3.6 m t (-4% yoy); steel output grew by 8% yoy to 4.2 m t.
12M 2016 highlight:
- Crude steel output* grew by 4% yoy to 16.6 m t on the back of the increase in production across all sites.
- NLMK Group capacity utilization rates increased by 3 p.p. to 96%.
- NLMK Group sales totaled 15.9 m t (flat yoy).
- Share of finished product sales grew by 2 p.p. yoy to 64%.
- Market shares in NLMK Group total sales:
- share of product sales by Group companies in regions where products are manufactured (‘home markets’) totaled 66% (flat yoy).
- share of sales to third parties (except NBH) in markets external to countries where products are manufactured (‘export markets’) totaled 34% (flat yoy).
Q4 2016 highlights:
- Crude steel output* increased to 4.2 m t (+8% yoy and +3% qoq) following the completion of planned repairs at Novolipetsk in 3Q 2016.
- Steelmaking capacity utilization rates were up by 3 p.p. yoy to 95%.
- NLMK Group sales totaled 3.6 m t (-4% yoy and -15% qoq) due to the decrease in pig iron deliveries (-73% yoy and -61% qoq).
- Finished products accounted for 62% of total sales (+6 p.p. yoy and -3 p.p. qoq).
*Steel output is given taking into account associated companies (NBH)
Subscribe for updates