- Energy efficiency
- Energy efficiency
Energy Management System
In order to strengthen its national and international profile, improve its image, and guarantee the attainment of its energy efficiency goals based on mutual commitments by the Company’s management and employees, NLMK has integrated a certified energy management system.
In 2020 NLMK Group adopted its Integrated Management System Policy. The policy was developed and approved in order to reach NLMK Group’s goals and objectives in the field of sustainability. It enables the Company’s leadership to consolidate all its current management system commitments in a single document.
Integrated Management System (IMS) energy efficiency goals
- Comply with best industry practice levels in terms of material and technical resource efficiency and the safety of production processes for the environment and human health.
- Be a global leader in the use of best practices to boost the energy efficiency of production; attain the minimum technically and economically feasible level of product energy intensity and cash cost.
IMS policy guidelines for the EMS
- NLMK Group ensures a decrease in the resource intensity of its production via sustained action to reduce its specific consumption of natural raw materials, water, fuel, and energy resources, and to reduce labour input by increasing the efficiency of production processes, integrating systems for resource reuse and BAT application, and regular indicator monitoring.
- NLMK Group plans its activities taking into account the results of a regular objective analysis of risks related to quality, environmental protection, energy efficiency, and OHS.
- NLMK Group plans and implements measures aimed at raising the socio-economic development level of the regions where it operates and their local communities, including via a responsible attitude towards the environment, efficient use of natural resources, and social responsibility
- NLMK Group ensures the transparency and availability of information about the goals and effectiveness of its activities related to quality, occupational health, energy efficiency, industrial and environmental safety, and maintains effective communication with internal and external stakeholders.
Since 2018 NLMK Group’s Russian companies use a single “umbrella” certificate for every management system, enabling lower costs for auditing current management systems.
In 2020 NLMK’s main production sites in Russia successfully underwent a re-certification audit of the Energy Management System. The certification body attested that the companies’ EMS comply with the international ISO 50001:2018 standard. The sites were awarded a new certificate of compliance with ISO 50001:2018 as part of the umbrella certification system of NLMK Group’s Russian companies.
In 2020, a road map was implemented to integrate all management systems operating at NLMK Group sites, with NLMK Lipetsk leading the project.
ENMS 598731 certificate of the umbrella EMS.