19 January 2016
Q4 and 12M 2015 NLMK Group Trading update
NLMK Group is pleased to announce its Q4 2015 and 12M 2015 operating results.
NLMK Group sales in 2015 increased by 5% to a record 15.9 million tonnes. Production stabilized at 15.9 million tonnes. Capacity utilization rates at NLMK Group production facilities exceeded 90%.
12M 2015 highlights:
• 2015 crude steel output remained stable yoy at 15.9 m t.
• In 2015, as a result of operational efficiency programmes, steel output at the Lipetsk site increased by 3% yoy to a record 12.87 m t.
• Stoilensky, an open pit iron ore mine, produced a record volume of concentrate: 15.2 m t, +2% yoy.
• NLMK Group capacities were running at 93% (-3 p.p. yoy), including 100% at the Lipetsk site.
• Group sales increased by 5% yoy to 15.9 m t, driven by growth of exports from Russian operations to end consumers (+27% yoy).
Q4 2015 highlights:
• NLMK Group steel output was down to 3.85 m t (-6% qoq) due to weaker demand in the Russian construction sector and the US market; as well as repairs at the Lipetsk site.
• NLMK Group steelmaking capacities were running at 92% (-1 p.p. qoq), including 100% at the Lipetsk site.
• Group sales were 3.8 m t (-9% qoq) on the back of a seasonal drop in demand in Russia and lower pig iron exports.
• The share of export sales increased to 62% (+5 p.p. qoq), supported by stable demand in international markets.