NLMK’s corporate ethics dictate that we consistently adhere to the generally accepted principles and norms of international law, as well as applicable employment laws in all countries of the world, regardless of the business practices in those countries. In its activities, NLMK is governed by the provisions of the following documents:
- The International Bill of Human Rights;
- The main conventions of the International Labour Organization (ILO);
- The UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights;
- The UN Global Compact;
- UN resolution Transforming our World: the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development;
- The ISO 26000 Guidance on Social Responsibility;
- The laws of the Russian Federation and other countries in which NLMK Group companies operate.
The following internal documents ensure a unified approach to respecting human rights in the Group’s activities at all sites:
NLMK’s efforts to protect human rights in all the regions where it operates are coordinated by the HR Department, covering 100% of the Company’s assets. If necessary, experts from other functional areas of the Company are invited to participate (in particular, the Occupational Health and Safety team) in order to safeguard its corporate interests and to manage risks. NLMK’s senior management team is always involved in making important decisions.