- Press releases
- 1Q 2017 NLMK Group Trading update
14 April 2017
1Q 2017 NLMK Group Trading update
In 1Q 2017, NLMK Group sales* grew by 1% qoq to 3.7 m t. Steel output** totaled 4.2 m t (flat qoq), with facilities running at 96% capacity
1Q 2017 highlights:
- Group sales grew by 1% to 3.68 m t (-11% yoy), the growth in flat steel sales by NLMK Group’s Russian and international divisions offsetting the fall in long steel sales caused by the seasonal slowdown in demand.
- Finished product sales increased by 7% to 2.44 m t (-5% yoy), driven by the growth in flat product sales from the Lipetsk site to export markets and a high level of demand in NLMK USA and NBH sales markets.
- Steel output** totaled 4.21 m t (flat qoq and +4% yoy).
- Market shares in NLMK Group total sales:
- share of product sales by Group companies in regions where products are manufactured (hereinafter referred to as ‘home markets’) totaled 63% (-2 p.p. qoq and +1 p.p. yoy) due to the seasonal drop in sales in Russia by 26% qoq (-35% yoy)
- share of sales to third parties in markets external to countries where products are manufactured (hereinafter referred to as ‘export markets’) totaled 37% (+2 p.p. qoq and -1 p.p. yoy)
* Hereinafter 1Q 2017 output and sales figures are preliminary and can be updated. ** Hereinafter taking into account NBH performance
Subscribe for updates