Corporate governance system
NLMK corporate governance system is built on the key principles provided by the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD Principles of Corporate Governance, 2015), and provisions of the Corporate Governance Code approved by the Russian regulatory authorities.
Key principles lying at the core of our Corporate Governance are to:
- Ensure effective and transparent mechanisms safeguarding the rights and interests of shareholders.
- Ensure equal treatment of all shareholders.
- Ensure equal and fair treatment of all shareholders when they use their right to participate in the Company’s management processes.
- Strictly observe the rights of third parties.
- Pursue a common corporate policy in respect of subsidiary companies, affiliates and other legal entities in which NLMK is the founder, a participant or a member.
- Maintain a policy of open and transparent communications.
- Promote a policy of complying with business ethics in conducting its operations.
- Ensure compliance with the existing laws and international corporate governance standards.
Тhe Governance structure includes:
- General Meeting of Shareholders, which is the supreme governing body of the Company.
- Board of Directors, which is responsible for strategic management of NLMK and the overall operations of the Company.
- The executive bodies of the Company including the President (Chairman of the Management Board) and the Management Board that manage day-to-day activities of the Company.
- The Corporate Secretary, who ensures interaction with shareholders, coordinates the Company’s activities aimed at protection of shareholders’ rights and interests and supports the Board of Directors.
Please use the following link to explore Corporate Governance Reports (contained in Annual Reports).